Touch Pad causing cursor to jump to previous location

I have the Suface Book and have noticed the mouse jumps around while I am moving it with my finger.

I have found the if you slide your finger to move the cursor and inadvertently tap(and release) with a different finger, the curser will move back to the start of the mouse drag.

How do I turn this feature off.  It causes the mouse to move around.  I originally thought it has something to do with the touch tap option, but narrowed down the cause.

Slide your finger across the mouse pad, and while it is moving tap with the other hand.  The mouse will warp to a new location. In order to get this to happened you must tap and not hold. 

I use my middle finger to move the mouse and my index finger on the same hand to click.  This allows me to drag a windows, but I don't think about it when I do it.

Please help.  I just got the Suface Book but this feature is driving me to consider returning.

Hi Coach David,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

It could be due to missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates. 

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Surface touchscreen: Problems with touch:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/hardware-and-drivers/troubleshoot-the-surface-touchscreen?os=windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.      

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

its the touchpad, and I was in the insider preview program.  posted in the wrong place

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I have experienced the same problem! My touchpad suddenly jumps back to the previous location after the anniversary update. 

I think this is actually a bug! Can anyone please tell us how to fix it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 259 Applies to: